Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blog-o-signment #1: The future of Riverstone History

Blog Assignment due-date: Friday, September 4

So being the super techno, hyper-crazy computer nerd (insert chuckle here... I still have a first generation Ipod as my main music source), I decided to embark on a mission to use the blog as an entry point for the year. I think it will make class interesting, innovative and interesting for all.

You will be creating your own blog for history, so your job this week is to set up your history blog.

Blog-0-signment #1:



HERE IS YOUR ACADEMIC ASSIGNMENT:

Your first postings must be the following set of responses:

A) Go to the following site:

http://www.ilike2learn.com/ilike2learn/asia3.html

Take the test on Asian geography - Without using any sort of map, book or cheat-cheat. The point is to find out how LITTLE you know about Asia. Sit down and take the test without any prep. Report your results online (yep, as bad as they are) and explain your thoughts on your results. How did you do?



B) Cultural Bias, Pre-conceived notions and putting it in perspective:


Using what we have discussed and covered in class and how you did on your recent Asia Pretest, why is it important (or not important...) to study Asian History (or any history for that matter) and what must be considered when studying different history or cultures?

1 comment:

  1. Hey mr. U,

    Were we supposed to do another history survey? I was under the impression that we were... but I can't find it here. Could you just repeat what the assignment was for this weekend? Sorry that I got confused... Thanks, Kristo

    ReplyDelete